Located in Dongguan, one of the main cities in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, Songshan Lake Materials Laboratory (SLAB) started construction on December 22, 2017 and completed registration in April, 2018. As one of the first Guangdong provincial laboratories, SLAB consists of four core sections: the Frontier Research Center, the Public Technology Platform and Large-scale Scientific Facilities, the Model Factory for Innovation, and the South Bay Interdisciplinary Science Center, which will form the entire chain of "Frontier Basic Research → Applied Basic Research → Industrial Technology Research → Industrial Transformation". It is expected to become an internationally recognized southern base for new materials research and development, an important component of China’s materials research, and a new window of interdisciplinary cooperation in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
"Master materials, master the future". On the occasion of the rapid development of the SLAB, we sincerely invite outstanding talents at home and from abroad to join us to build further development and a brilliant future together.
II. Recruitment Target
We seek outstanding talents at home and from abroad engaged in the research of metal materials, information materials, energy materials, ceramic materials, semiconductor materials, magnetic materials, superconducting materials, flexible electronic materials, soft materials, biomedical materials and related materials science and structured performance research. For top talents who have no matching fields with the SLAB, we can provide them platforms for independent research.
1. Doctoral degree from a famous overseas university, with more than 2 years overseas research experience; Or have a domestic doctoral degree, overseas postdoctoral work experience; Or more than 3 years of research experience at home and abroad, and has obtained a formal position in well-known universities and research institutes at home and abroad; Or a well-known enterprise R & D institution as a senior technical position or chief technical adviser; Or provincial or ministerial level or above all kinds of top talent honor winner, major project leader, etc. Special excellence can relax the conditions;
2. Young researchers/senior engineers should be under the age of 40 (December 31 of the same year as the calculation deadline, can be flexible for special talents), and work full-time within half a year after the appointment;
3. Have published a number of relevant papers in international high-level journals or academic conferences, have strong academic research ability or potential, or own advanced intellectual property rights and invention patents at home and from abroad;
4. Good health, conscientious and responsible in work, with good team work and communications skills.
IV. Salary and Benefits
1. International standard remuneration package: the annual salary of academic leaders starts from 750,000 yuan (excluding the six insurances and one housing fund paid by the SLAB); special talents can enjoy "one person, one discussion".
2. Sufficient support for team building: 10 million yuan team fund and quota of postdoctoral and joint training postgraduates will be provided for academic leaders,
3. Competitive government subsidies: those identified as high-level talents in Dongguan can enjoy a house purchase subsidy of 2 million to 2.5 million yuan; qualified overseas high-end talents and scarce talents will enjoy 15% personal income tax discount;
4. High standard of six insurances and one housing fund.
5. Convenient talents apartments.
6. Assist with kid’s school enrollment.
V. Application Materials
2. Cover letter or personal statement;
3. Research/work summary and plan; the research plan should indicate the budget.
4. Name, contact information and recommendation letters of two referees in the same professional field.
5. Attached materials: copy of passport (ID card), proof of employment; copy of highest academic degree diploma, professional and technical certificates; lists of published academic works (indicating the first author and corresponding author), awards; copies of patent certificates and documents certifying the transformation of the achievements, as well as other relevant materials that are deemed necessary.
VI. Contact Information
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact persons: Ms. Cheng +86-0769-89136765 Ms. Wang +86-0769-89136247
3. Address: Building A1, Songshan Lake International Innovation and Entrepreneurship Community, Dongguan, Guangdong
4. Company website: http://www.sslab.org.cn